Inkle band finished!
The end of the warp – the knots in the smooth linen were slipping and I had a few slack warps. A pin with the warp wrapped around fixed the problem well enough for me to continue. This is the beginning of the warp where the pins are stuck. I noticed that as I got nearer the end my beat became a little too tight compared with the beginning. The motifs aren’t quite even when I compare the first and last parts.
The damask was woven many years ago as a sample which I then made into the little bag. It has been wating for a band for many years and I will use a button or bead and loop for a closure.
I don’t think I expected myself to finish this project. Perhaps this time because I had an end use in mind I was more motivated. Maybe I was also ready for the slower pace of this type of weaving. I had lots of help from all the great people on the web weaving inkle and backstrap bands and that made a huge difference as well. See my previous post for links to some of the great blogs and tutorials.